Exiting or selling business?
Exiting the business can be in the form of trade sale or buyout. It can be very stressful and inconvenient to do it all by yourself. Planning exit should be option not compulsion. To get the highest value, you can ensure the following:
- Ensure the business is in market areas that command high valuations.
- Focus on how to add value, not just sales.
- Make sure the value of the business isn’t tied up with you, the owner.
- Support, mentor and incentivise a successor management team.
- Implement good systems.
- Plan the timing – when your business is well invested not up against issues.
- Let go! Accept that you will no longer be in charge.
Making an accurate business valuation is the vital key to get the right value for the business.
Connect with us today if have plans to sell your business and what to plan your exit. Send us your enquiry.